Posted 13 days ago on GitHub Jobs
DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day′s work at Apple. If you love innovation, here′s your chance to make a career of it. You′ll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Job Summary:A job at Apple is unlike any other - You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. If you are passionate about building great products and learning new technologies and a self-motivated teammate who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment this is the job for you.
A Maps Process Engineer is responsible for the development, review and implementation of map development specifications, processes, and tools in addition to monitoring vendor compliance. This is a highly reciprocal position that requires working with Engineering, Quality, Training and Field Services to deliver best in class solutions. And most of all, you are able to manage and inspire change effectively while maintaining Apple culture and standards. We′re looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we′d love to hear from you.
- You have experience in process development, tool and specification implementation within a large scale production organization
- Work experience with vendors or suppliers are a plus
- Excellent conceptual, written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to build relationships multi-functionally across global teams to drive success
- Knowledge of MacOS, Apple iWork applications and Omnigraffle a plus
- Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity, address uncertainty and adapt to changing priorities
- Proven experience in process development and process testing, as well as knowledge of manufacturing analytics processes (i.e. LEAN, SixSigma, KANBAN, FMEA)
- Experience in supply chain management and GreenBelt certification
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high stress and multitask in an extremely dynamic environment
- Willing to work at a very detailed level while still being able to abstract ideas forcommunication to cross-functional teams and senior management
- Some travel will be required
Description:Strong interpersonal skills, technical product knowledge and expertise are essential for this role. Applicants should thrive in dynamic, high-pressure situations and welcome critical-thinking opportunities. Strong written communication skills are a requirement when devising solutions in collaboration with editing, products and engineering teams.
GeoScience Degree preferred with 6 to 10 years of experience, ideally direct experience with Maps and Map Environments.
Certification(s) in either LEAN/SixSigma GreenBelt or Blackbelt, CMQ/OE or equivalent
Certification in PMP is a plus.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants to list/describe any additional requirements for this role
REQUISITION NUMBER: 114045570COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.