Posted 13 days ago on GitHub Jobs
Make An Impact On Healthcare
PolicyStat′s mission is to improve healthcare delivery through better processes. We help our clients make their policies and procedures easier to find, access, and manage. Hundreds of hospitals use our SaaS application to ensure that this critical information is correct, their staff can find it, and that it supports regulatory compliance.
More than 250,000 Americans die each year as a result of medical error. Many of these deaths could have been prevented with existing best practices for quality and patient safety. A hospital′s best tool for standardizing and implementing these life-saving improvements are their written policies and procedures.
Front-End React Engineer Leader
Full-time | on-site: Carmel, Indiana | remote: Indiana, New Jersey, or other locations *
As a critical member of our small product team, you will take over the technical leadership role on our project to update PolicyStat′s user interface (from 2009) to be WCAG 2.1 compliant and responsive.
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with GraphQL APIs.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate on a small team.
- Excellent communication skills and strong teamwork ethic.
- Passion and enthusiasm for creating amazing products and delivering unparalleled user experience.
- Strongly motivated by opportunities to positively impact the direction of the company and products.
- Define and implement best-practices, processes and strategies for front-end development.
- Collaborate on a Design System specification.
- Independently create new React components based on the Design System specification.
- Mentor team members on front-end concepts and building React components.
- Review code contributed by the team and get it ready for production.
- Design, develop, document, and write automated tests for new features.
- Proactively analyze, diagnose, and resolve software regressions.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
Compensation and Benefits
- Market-based salary from $100k+ USD
- Health (including telemedicine) with HSA, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- PTO: 15 days each year to start; 20 days starting the calendar year of third anniversary
- Founded in 2006, acquired by iContracts in 2017
- Technology stack: Python 2.7, Django, AWS (RDS, EC2, S3), Ubuntu Linux, MySQL, GraphQL, React (work in progress)
- Toolkit: Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Storybook, Adobe CC, Git, Vagrant, Trello, GitHub
- See our Stack Overflow Company page
- Application review.
- Complete a work sample (< 45 minutes) in React.
- Phone or video conversation with the team lead (< 30 minutes).
- Complete a work sample (< 4 hours) in React.
- Culture conversation with team members (on-site, if possible, otherwise remote video conference).
We can hire individuals for full time employment who reside in Indiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Idaho, Michigan, Florida, or some parts of Canada. If you reside in some other location, we can only pay you if you work under a company.