Posted 13 days ago on GitHub Jobs
DESCRIPTION: Changing the world is all in a day′s work at Apple. If you love innovation, here′s your chance to make a career of it. You′ll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks.
Job Summary:The iOS Backup client team is responsible for one of the most important services on iOS enabling hundreds of millions of Apple devices to store photos, videos and app data on iCloud.
We are a nimble team that designs, builds and releases reliable software at scale. We work closely with other client and server teams to provide the best user experience possible across all Apple products.
We’re looking for junior engineers passionate about building reliable and scalable software.
- Strong programming skills and 3+ years of experience in C, Objective-C or Swift
- Experience with libdispatch, POSIX APIs, concurrency, database engines, performance optimizations, event-based programming and inter-process communication
- History of shipping software on tight schedules
- We work on the client-side of the iCloud service, building the daemons and frameworks required for backing up iOS data
- Work cross-functionally with the server and other client teams on designing, building and releasing solutions at scale
- Investigate performance improvements across the stack
- Partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- The challenges include:
- Scalability - hundreds of millions of users rely on this service to backup their data
- Reliability - designing robust systems that recover from failures
- Power and performance - critical at this scale, both in the number of users and in the volume of data per user
Education:BS Computer Science
- Familiarity with backup and sync engines, diff and merge algorithms, network performance work
- iOS and macOS development tools including Xcode, Instruments, git
- Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, and dedicated
- Confirmed ability to work on a large project
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the iCloud Backup team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.`
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 114190457COMPANY NAME: Apple Inc.