Posted 11 days ago on GitHub Jobs
High Definition Mapping Engineer
WaveSense is radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation.
Every road in the world has a unique subsurface signature. WaveSense uses ground penetrating radar to create a map of those subsurface signatures from which self-driving cars can navigate. Vehicles using WaveSense are unaffected by common but challenging road conditions like snow, heavy rain, fog, or poor lane markings.
WaveSense is working with leading autonomous vehicle companies, is backed by leading investors, is growing quickly, and is building a talented team that wants to transform the future of mobility and work on some of the hardest and most important engineering problems around. If that sounds like you, please drop us a line.
RoleAs an High Definition Mapping Engineer, you will focus on developing commercial UWB ground penetrating radar systems for autonomous vehicle lane-keeping. Your work will involve developing and driving the architecture for large scale multi-layer high definition maps for autonomous vehicle lane-keeping with a focus on ground penetrating radar maps.
Who you are + what you′ll do
- Further develop, design, and refine the WaveSense map.
- You’re comfortable thinking about the big picture and the small details. You enjoy making design and architecture decisions.
- Rapidly prototype to test and discard hypotheses.
- Enjoy working with small, high output teams in a fast paced startup environment.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- Deep experience designing and developing high definition mapping systems.
- Deep working knowledge of fundamental metrics and physics associated with LIDAR, camera, and related sensors.
- Experience working with autonomous vehicles.
- 3 years or more experience working in high definition map design and development.
- Fluent in C++, ROS, and related programming languages.
Nice to have
- PhD or Masters in high definition mapping related field or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Experience working with ground penetrating radar.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US. Please indicate if you need or will eventually need sponsorship on your application.
Apply now via the application form.
Acquisition is not appreciated.