Posted 10 days ago on GitHub Jobs
We are looking for a senior graphics developer to welcome in our central team in either London or Barcelona to help us push the graphical quality of our mobile games. Are you someone with experience of delivering scalable systems and do you like to work closely with amazingly skillful Artists to deliver beautiful results that push the boundaries of what people consider possible on mobile? If so, we’d really like to hear from you.
Your Role within our Kingdom
As part of the Central Art group:
- You′ll work alongside hardworking and passionate Artists and Technical Artists on key technologies to deliver cutting edge visuals that will be used across a variety of titles at King.
- You will also work with key developers across King to share knowledge and top practices helping to ensure when a game is released, the visuals standout.
- You will work in a highly visible role with the chance to make significant impact on the mobile games market.
- You will be at the cutting edge of helping define and research the best techniques that allow the best use of the mobile GPU hardware.
Skills to Create Skills
- You are a forward-thinker with a desire to help define the top practices on the rapidly evolving mobile GPU ecosystem.
- You are curious and have the ability to learn quickly, and you love working closely with others to tear down the boundaries.
- You are fascinated by GPU architecture and appreciate the growing opportunity this rapidly evolving landscape presents.
- You possess excellent C++ knowledge
- You have professional experience of game development
- You hold experience in delivering scalable graphic solutions
- You show a real passion for game development
- You demonstrate high sense of quality and passion for all things graphical
- You′re a good communicator, with artist and programmers alike
- You have mobile GPU architecture knowledge
- You have experience in generating procedural systems
- You are experienced in working with Unity
- You know a little about Android/OSX
- You have tile-based GPU rendering knowledge
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun! Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
Life at King
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. Do you think this is something you can help us achieve? Then we’d love to talk.
Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, you will receive as much help as we can give you with our relocation package. You can enjoy full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you; you can see covered the cost your journey out here, of shipping your gadgets; and you can receive further help with estate agents.