Posted 10 days ago on GitHub Jobs
Imagine… That what you work on every day is responsible for seven million customers using the digital banking affairs. As a Fullstack Java / Angular Software Engineer, you will be helping to build microservices and web applications that make digital banking possible worldwide. Rabobank is one of the largest IT employers in the Netherlands.
Create an impact
Within the Distribution department you will work together with more than 90 DevOps teams to develop and manage the online channels of Rabobank. Example of our success are Rabobank Banking App (Rabobankieren), Rabobank.nl website, Onboarding for online secure clients and digital Identification. As a software engineer, you contribute to the digital transformation of the bank and will be the driving force behind developments, such as Open Banking. All development is done within the cloud using the latest cutting edge technology.
In order to achieve this, we expect that you have at least five years′ experience with JEE and the use of application servers. And that your technology-stack includes:
- IntelliJ / Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins 2 (Groovy), XLDeploy, Fortify, PiTest (Java), Sonar (primary Java), microservices and Cloud Foundry
With each other
Working together as a team within Distribution is highly important part within your working day. As a member of an International scrum team, you work together towards the best results. You are empowered to find the best software available to create the best solution for our customers.
Within Distribution everyone keeps each other sharp and help each other where they can. We expect the same from you. This also applies to experimenting in the use of the latest techniques and technologies.
You need to have the courage to challenge and develop yourself even when you and your team make a mistake. The important part is that you (and your team) learn from that and grow.
With your talents
For this position it is logical that you need to understand our growing customer needs. You can achieve this by having an unstoppable hunger and drive to work with the latest techniques and cutting edge technologies. In addition, it’s important that you will recognize yourself in the following checklist:
- Minimum of a completed (technical) bachelor degree
- You are widely versatile and besides being a software engineer you are also active in setting up automatic tests, build pipelines or solving production issues.
- You are familiar with the rituals of Agile / Scrum
- Above all you do have an opinion and an open view on the future
- You embrace changes and self-leadership is in your DNA!
You probably knew already that, Rabobank is a financial service provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. Do you also know that we are working together for a better world? We do this in several ways. Recent years, we have undertaken the following:
- We find it important that everyone in the Netherlands has a financially healthy life. Within our products and services, we also provide an online housekeeping book, so that we help our customers and clients to get a better grip on their finances.
- We invest heavily in Dutch associations each year. We support around 1250 organizations in sports and culture that results in a second home for many people.
- Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland we help 1500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Do you want this too?
Do you want to become the best version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by supporting your development and investing in an environment where you continue to grow. We give you the space to innovate and do business. In this way we offer you plenty of personal development opportunities and help you exceed your expectations and to become extraordinarily good at what you do, so that you can grow as a professional. On top of this you can count on us (for example, a 36 or 40-hour week):
- A gross monthly salary between € 3150, - and € 5200, -
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay
- An Employee Benefit Budget (9 or 10% of your monthly income). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- 100 % reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance.
- A pension scheme where you contribute only 5%
- Contributing to a better world
Are you the person we’re looking for? Are you our new colleague who will strengthen Rabobank as a Fullstack Java / Angular Software Engineer and thus make the difference for yourself, our customers and society?If you are, we are happy to receive your application on this vacancy in Utrecht via the application form.
Nice to know:
- Responses are handled in accordance with vacancy management. If you are a priority candidate, please clearly state this in your motivation letter, including the date of (expected) redundant.
- Christiaan van der Horst, Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Christiaan.van.der.Horst@rabobank.nl and +31 6826 16433.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That′s why we want to know who you really are!