Posted 10 days ago on GitHub Jobs
The job in shortAs Principal System DevOps Engineer you will work hands-on with the unit’s experts, R&D architects, and other teams to bring our Software Development Lifecycle framework to the next level. You evangelise DevOps culture and accelerate the development of modern banking-grade software!
Meet the jobLet’s imagine your day at Backbase… As a Principal System Engineer, you help the team/s to define and ensure the technical vision is known and implemented in development activities. You work across departments, foster collaboration. You also interact with teams from pre-sales and customer success to ensure technology feedback from customers and field engineers is incorporated. You provide advice based on experience and deep technical understanding of software development, practices and frameworks. You lead by example, define our way of working and our path to success. You are a vital person for all Backbase departments thanks to your functional expertise.
Our rockstar DevOps team is very diverse - an agile crew of people of 8 nationalities and different expertise contribute to making operations even better at Backbase.Working together with Engineers, Scrum Master, Architect and Product owner you’ll be facing great challenges which will help you to grow every single day. For example, we’re moving all of our deployments to an entirely (currently partial) Infra as a Code approach, by using tools like Terraform and Ansible.We are also started to work with Kubernetes, so there are lots of migrations to do in the near future.
Our current tech stack is:
CI and CD tools: Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI, GitLabCloud providers: AWS, GCP,Container and orchestration: Docker, KubernetesApplication and infrastructure configuration: Ansible, TerraformBuild automation: Maven, NPM, GradleSource control tools: Git and BitbucketDevelopment languages and tools: Java, PythonMonitoring, alerting and analytics: NewRelic, GraphiteApplication servers: Tomac, JBoss, Websphere
How about you?Being a Principal DevOps Engineer at Backbase means:
- Improving and managing CI/CD tooling and services
- Implementing and improving monitoring and altering stacks
- Helping feature teams adopt and adhere to DevOps culture
- Using containers and orchestration tools to deploy and test a microservice architecture
- Writing scripts and automation using Python/Groovy/Java/Bash
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer and CI and CD
- Working knowledge of AWS (EC2, S3, ECS, EKS, ELB, IAM, RDS, VPC)
- Working experience of Docker and containers
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Infrastructure and application configuration-as-code automation experience
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skillsNice to have:
- Cloud certification (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Kubernetes certification (CKA, CKAD)
Why Backbase?Backbase is leading the way in the Digital Banking space and we are widely known for our innovative power and visionary view of how all of us (including you) handle our daily financial lives. Exploring is in our nature and we love technology. No matter how big the challenges are: we make it work.
We come from all over the globe (45+ nationalities) and we currently employ the brightest people in the field. We are organized to support you. You will work with some of the best people in the business. We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!
How to apply
Please, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org