Posted 10 days ago on GitHub Jobs
Do you want to embark on an exciting journey, swimming in data lakes? Are you a Java-enthusiast passionate about streaming and the usage of data? As our new team player, you´ll support the company in taking real-time actions that optimize our 200+ games for 260 million players using cutting edge technologies.
Here, you get the chance to tackle very big and fast data - over 120 billion events received from the games every single day, processed in real-time!
Sounds like a treat?
Your role within our Kingdom
You will work closely with fellow data engineers, business intelligence developers, data scientists, business performance managers/directors and game developers across all our game studios.
The purpose? Ensuring that we stay ahead in the streaming-game, using the findings to create user-centric products, making our players happy!
Some of the fun stuff you´ll get to do:
- Develop, maintain and operate our large scale real-time analytics platform
- Improve and automate monitoring and operational processes for our systems
- Research and prototype new backend solutions for data processing, analytics and storage
- Turn ad-hoc data science solutions into efficient, scalable models and applications
- Work together with fellow engineers from different teams on joint projects in King analytical space
- Promote team’s products to a broad audience of both technical and non-technical backgrounds and support/ educate usersSkills to create thrills
You are curious individual who really enjoys solving problems and are a big fan of "Great engineering". Eagerness to learn and trying out new techy things is traits that you can relate to being "you".
- Deep understanding of Java and object oriented design patterns
- Experience working in UNIX environments
- Experience with stream processing technologies (we use: Kafka, Storm, Flink)
Tasty bonus skills
- Hadoop technologies: HDFS, Yarn, HiveStream processing technologies - Kafka, Storm, Flink)
- We know that you are in to games on some level (casual, console, board-games etc.) and if you also have experience working in the online gaming industry, we´re sure like to hear your story!A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun! Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing products. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That′s how we stay creative!
How to apply
Ready to level up? Join our Kingdom!https://king.com/hr/jobs/java-backend-developer-streaming-platform-1895?breadcrumbs=/hr/jobs&location=stockholm