Posted 10 days ago on GitHub Jobs
We are looking for a talented C++ Developer to join one of the world′s biggest live game franchises - Candy Crush!
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to create amazing user experiences and entertainment for millions of players to enjoy on the go then this is the right job for you. Together with your colleagues, you will take create and maintain one of our biggest live titles. You will specify, design, build and implement existing and new game features. As part of the development team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, architect, test and implement game features
- Take an active part in game creation
- Maintain and optimize new and existing game features
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Share knowledge and help colleagues
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for programming and are committed to quality and polish. You are genuinely excited about making games - whether you have done so professionally already or are looking to join the industry! As a developer you are also analytical and naturally curious about understanding the entire tech stack. And, of course, you’ll need to know what makes a good game. Other skills include:
- Proven experience within software development
- You enjoy working in C++
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passion for software development and OO Design
- Working with content pipelines
- Previous experience in game development
- Experience in working with memory / performance critical applications
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
King in Berlin
Situated in the central borough of Berlin Mitte, ours is a backdrop that’s brimming with history. Culture vultures will find famous sites including Brandenburger Tor and Unter den Linden close by, along with the infamous suburb of Kreuzberg with its vintage markets and vibrant nightlife. A must-see in this melting pot of a city.