Posted 10 days ago on GitHub Jobs
We are looking for a passionate developer to join our team in Stockholm. You will be a part of our game engine Developer Relation team with the mission to help game teams work efficiently with the engine. You will be working in a dynamic environment with active problem solving through collaboration with various teams.
Your role within our Kingdom
As part of the developer relations team, you will be a critical part of educating our game teams about our internal C++ engine. You will provide hands-on support to get the best out of the game engine in a new game production, whether it’s troubleshooting, profiling or education on existing features. In order to do this, a big part of your time will be spent creating tech demos, documentation, tutorials and extensions that help our users get started and learn all our best practices.
This help can be provided through remote support, production of training material or on-site.
You will among other things:
- Be available to provide support for game teams, both in person and remotely. Teams are located at all our engineering offices.
- Help game teams to keep up to date with the latest engine features
- Provide engine team "from the field" feedback and feature recommendations
- Create training/documentation material around game engine and tools.
Skills to create thrills
- Collaborative person that communicates well with internal customers
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Passionate about supporting game teams
- Experience working in game development with commercial engines
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Available to travel when necessary
- Experience in a similar advocate/developer relation/support role
- Experience working with game engines
- Knowledge of Java or Objective C
- Experience working with Python and Bash scripting
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun! Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.