Posted 10 days ago on GitHub Jobs
We are looking for a talented and creative Data Scientist interested in pushing the boundaries of games analytics within the Farm Heroes Franchise located in our London Game studio. You’ll have a proven ability to apply your skills, be it technical, behavioural or economic, to generate value for the studio′s new generation of awesome mobile games.
You will be working with varied stakeholders in a fun, dynamic and fast-paced environment. You’ll help us to further understand, model, predict, segment and retain our players and be part of a community of 100+ business intelligence & analytics experts.
- Proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data-driven tools to better understand our players’ behaviour and the performance of our games
- Provide insights to support decision making for the portfolio of games in the Studio
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation, taking care to correctly track the right information to allow easy, precise analysis of the impact
- Work closely with other Data Scientists across the business to leverage insights from one game across multiple games
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis, reports and tools, even when confronted by subtle data complications
There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific factors that are helpful to excel in this role include:
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to solve, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players and work with relational database systems.
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as R, Python or Excel for analytical purposes
- Stats: Understanding the basics of appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques.
Other experience that might be helpful, but is not required, includes:
- Work in the games industry or similarly customer-facing digital businesses
- Familiarity with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (BigQuery/AWS/Hadoop etc)
- Experience in behavioural psychology/economics and experimental design
- Experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
- Software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R and Python which we use most frequently)
- Skills with standard reporting tools such as Looker/QlikView/Tableau/etc.
We′re Knights of Creativity
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That′s how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity!Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
How to apply
How to apply?https://king.com/hr/jobs/senior-data-scientist-2076